European Applications Manager
Salary - 55-60k
Company car allowance £5,500, 26 days holiday, bonus of 2.5% of basic salary, healthcare cash back plan.
Our client is based in Bristol and has been providing convenient and cost effective solutions for their industry for well over 20 years. The customer base is not only in the UK but also worldwide; due to company expansion they are looking for an Application Engineer to join their team based in Bristol.
This role is managing a team of 6 application engineers (based in Bristol & Sweden) and also working closely with the development team in India. They need an individual that is able to understand the technical complexity of their products and work with your customers to understand their requirements to explore the feasibility of different ways to apply the products. They will also act as an interface between their sales & marketing team regards product launches, technical understanding etc.
Steering the applications team to ensure and enable proactive support to the sales and marketing teams by using the existing product portfolio to create new applications in existing markets and to develop new customer segments.
- Ensure the development of new applications from the existing product portfolio to maximize the portfolio value
- Ensure the use of existing product portfolio to create avenues for growth in new customer segments and explore similar applications in UK & Europe
- Enable the sales and marketing teams by studying regulation and / or government funding schemes and create opportunities from these schemes.
- Ensure the product requirements and financial justifications are captured correctly for developments done by the sales program team.
- Participate in effective launch of new products in UK and European markets and play leading role in capturing new system integrators / value added resellers
- Ensure that customers requirement have been met during various review stages of the sales programs for the area/products handled
- Undertake market research and competitor analysis to provide a basis for new product lines or enhancement of existing products for assigned market
- Support sales promotional activities, trade shows, educational events or professional conferences in assigned market as needed
- Support NPI teams in defining product scope & requirements, conducting field trials or user acceptance test for new product developments for the product range handled
- Respond to internal sales requests and fill knowledge gaps through training courses.
- Work closely with product & portfolio management to monitor market trends and product life cycles; including effective introduction of new products and proper product obsolescence plan.
Candidates should be experienced electrical/electronic engineers with exposure to either, measurement, instrumentation or controls products for applications in energy grids, home automation or assisted living. As this role has both engineering and business development components, the successful candidate will also need persuasive interpersonal skills and the ability and ambition to be at the centre of the business.
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Consultant Miles Hackett on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at email@example.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.