HEALTH & SAFETY ASSISTANT
AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING COMPANY
£25,000 + PENSION + HOLIDAYS + BENEFITS
DAYS BASED WORKING HOURS – 8:00AM – 4:30PM (MON – THUR) / 8:00AM – 2:00PM (FRI)
Owing to significant expansion, a Market leading and very well established Automotive manufacturing company is seeking to bolster its H&S team with the addition of a H&S Assistant.
Manufacturing automotive products from their site in Wednesbury they supply into a vast array of clients and enjoy a very strong worldwide market presence. Working within this fast paced and highly automated environment will provide a motivated H&S Assistant with a Challenge on a day to day basis.
Due to a diverse and well established portfolio of clients, this opportunity offers great security and stability. With progressive training and development these roles also allow promotion in the longer term, with the support of a welcoming team.
• Over 200 Manufacturing Locations Worldwide.
• Over 70,000 worldwide employees.
• £Multi-Billion Turnover Business.
• Working within strong and stable market sectors.
• Assist the health and safety team in supporting the organisation and staff on aspects of H&S procedures and legislation
• Undertake training to carry out inspections, surveys and audits as required, producing and maintain Risk, Ergonomic, Hand and Arm Vibration studies, Manual Handling, and COSHH Assessments.
• Provide induction training for new staff, contractors etc.
• Assist in maintaining ISO Systems.
• Ensure that all staff / employees have the correct and up to date information and means to comply with health & safety regulations in their day to day duties
• Assist in ensuring all safety issues with the buildings, equipment and machinery are addressed and dealt with, including but not limited to electrical, chemical, noise, local extraction ventilation, lifting operations, and Lifting Equipment Regulations and general safety checks.
• Administrate and review the E-learning, H&S training modules, and other health and safety documentation.
• Actively promote and communicate health and safety messages via campaigns, multimedia and training.
• Reporting into the H&S Manager
Skills and Qualifications
• H&S Assistant / Advisor experience
• Any Commercial / Manufacturing or Engineering Industry experience
• H&S Related Qualifications
• IOSH experience (Desirable)
• Ability to work well within a team environment.
As a business our client is a true market leader and boasts a huge worldwide presence. With an established list of clients this role provides a stable and secure opportunity for a motivated candidate.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for a motivated candidate. If you feel this is of interest please send your CV to directly to James Clarke to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 01785 450 175
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering