£20,000 - £21,000
Lead Assembly Technician
£20,000 – £21,000
Monday – Friday Days
Our client is a leading Tier 2 automotive supplier, with a reputation for product quality which is second to none and industry leading standards. They are looking for a Lead Assembly Technician to join their expanding team as they grow as a business. This is a very exciting time to join one of the UK’s large automotive suppliers.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Competent using hand tools, jigs & fixtures to assemble parts.
• Coach and develop other operators to increase skill levels.
• Monitor the assembly process and carry out basic testing and quality checks on the line.
• Assemble goods on a production line.
• Build up components and sub-assemblies into finished parts.
• Make quality control checks on products.
• Ensure products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer and internal standards and specifications.
• Weigh and label packaged goods ready for despatch (pack goods)
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
• Train/mentor less experienced operators
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment – Essential
• Ability to work across all areas of the assembly processes
• Able to work as part of a team and train trainee and develop operators
• Ability to travel to suppliers on a regular basis (Must have a driving licence)
• Able to work on own initiative when necessary
• Previous assembly experience
• Experience of working with sub-assemblies
• Practical hands-on approach to problem solving
• Experience of working to production targets
• Understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S
Production Lead, Line Leader, Assembly Technician, Assembly team leader, production supervisor
Shifts & Benefits Package:
• Shift:- Days, Monday – Friday (08:00 – 17:00)
• Salary:- £20,000 – £21,000 + Overtime
• Benefits:- Private Pension, Life Assurance, Production Bonuses
Job Reference No: SE1517 / 611
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy – Sam Lewis on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at Saml@hunterselection.co.uk
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West & South East of England. If you are looking for work in this area, we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.