Client — Manufacturer of steel reinforcement
This client is the largest manufacturer of steel reinforcement in the UK, producing 1.2 million tonnes of the finished product each year.
- The key challenge was communicating how the client site has developed and improved against a backdrop of reputational difficulty.
- How have they improved the Health and Safety – Going on site to understand their induction process and safety measures that have put in place. We sent our staff on site to see for their selves and be able to share this with applicants confidentially.
- Our challenge was supporting the client rebuild their reputation locally through their recruitment and induction programmes.
- Understand how they have changed their recruitment process to make it more attractive for people to work – Emphasises training and development, internal and external training courses, advise them on the competitive marketplace – provide market comparison salary data.
- Following our advice the interview process was reviewed and changed to allow them to attract more candidates and recruit a lot more efficiently. This included company presentation videos and opportunities to meet existing staff.
- They have revised their interview process to one comprehensive stage rather than two eliminating the risk of missing out on good candidates because of delays.
- We have built trust with the client and they have opened up further recruitment across multiple departments.
- We placed 3 roles in the last quarter across brand new departments and are seen as the preferred recruitment partner across all UK sites.