South Wales – Swansea
Due to continual expansion and high demand, a leading food producer are looking to add an experienced Bakery Manager to the team in South Wales. You will be reporting to the general manager and will be tasked with developing the company’s production schedule, maintaining health and safety and ensuring that all plants are operating at maximum speed and efficiency. As a member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for facilitating audits and assisting in driving a ‘quality’ culture.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Organise the day-to-day production schedule for all manufacturing business units in order to achieve targets
- To ensure that all plants are operating at maximum speed and efficiency.
- To liaise with supplier, customer and service departments (e.g. Goods-in, Dispatch, Retail and Hygiene) to ensure that all parties are aware of ongoing issues within the production environment and so that production plans can be tailored, when necessary, to ensure organisational requirements are satisfied on time and in full.
- Participate and contribute to the management team meetings to achieve the company’s strategic aims.
- Communicate with the General Manager on a daily basis regarding operational performance and order completion times.
- Appraise employee performance using both the formal performance management system adopted by the business and other informal techniques to ensure that employees are trained and continually developed.
- Maintain conformance with company rules and regulations.
- Develop and instigate operating procedures for the efficient use of resources.
- Ensure that all necessary materials and resources are available in good time for use in the production process
- Identify and develop training plans for employees
- To be part of the company’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) team
- Ensure the compliance to all company health and safety procedures and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experienced in the food industry (preferably baking)
- Knowledge / Skills: HACCP, Food Labelling legislation, IT literate, BRC Food Safety Quality Standard, Food Safety Systems
- Management experience
- Production experience
Benefits and Package
- Company pension
- Opportunity to be part of the senior management team
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Further benefits to be discussed at interview
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact Jack Lavis directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02920 894900.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Job Reference: 19501/611m_1658472904
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP