Competitive Salary, please get in touch for more information
Days, Monday to Friday
Pension, Life Assurance, Wellbeing activities
A leading manufacturing business based in Manchester is currently looking experienced CNC Machinists to join the team. In this role you will be an integral part of the engineering manufacturing team, and responsible for programming, setting and operating multi-axis CNC lathes and milling machines. This is an excellent position to join a close-knit production team at a growing manufacturing business offering great job security.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; booking orders for stock and, verifying receipt of stock by properly adhering to company supply chain procedures
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, vices, vacuum plates, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and stock pushers.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to company production and, quality standards and, procedures
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to health and safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; speaking to line manager to call for repairs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship
- Knowledge of working with PTFE a distinct advantage
- CMM experience would be an advantage
- Continuous improvement
- Tool & Fixture making
As a business our client is a true market leader within their industry with a strong presence across the UK. With a secure portfolio of clients these roles provide a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers. To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: 22205_1697811940
Salary: Pension, Overtime, Holidays
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date:
Job Location: Irlam, Greater Manchester