Monday to Friday with hybrid working
Very competitive salary – please ask for more details
Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + Holidays + lots of training courses
My client is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join the team. This role is key to businesses success within its Design function. The role is focused around designing the tooling and equipment to enable the production of products in line with the companies’ strategic business plan. With a global customer base this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to develop and progress.
- Design and detail tool / equipment drawings using Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software
- Engineer Quality into the product through developing FMEA’s for each tool operation type.
- Work as a team using knowledge and experience of others to target a right first-time approach.
- Update tool drawings in line with the change request procedure, and control any design modifications ensuring tools and spares can be coordinated and managed.
- Establish and maintain a logical / structured filing system making for easy drawing retrieval, using Autodesk Vault.
- Actively adopt lean activities, generating and implementing improvements
- Develop a continuous improvement ethic by encouraging toolmaker feedback particularly on new developments and share problems and solutions with your colleagues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Apprenticeship trained to HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Auto Desk Inventor intermediate / advanced level or similar CAD training
- Ideally fully conversant with Inventor and Vault
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- KT Problem solving & decision making or similar Analytical course
- Competent in MS Office particularly in Excel. Other IT skills an advantage
- Knowledge of deep draw principles based on transfer press and or progression tool technology
- Preferably have a minimum of 5yrs previous drawing office experience where you will have designed tools for drawing ferrous and nonferrous metal, including side piercing, stamping, beading and ironing etc
As a business our client is a true market leader within their industry with a strong presence across the UK. With a secure portfolio of clients these roles provide a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career. To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering & Technical professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: 22923_1694622174
Salary: Pension, Bonus, Holidays, Healthcare
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Location: Blackburn, Lancashire