Elec Bias Multi-Skilled Maintenance
ELECTRICAL BIAS MULTISKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
TEXTILES / FMCG MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
£40,000 + Training, Overtime, Pension and Holidays
Due to an expansion in our clients business, they are now recruiting for another Multi-Skilled Engineer to join their team in the Ashton-In-Makerfield Area on a Double Days based position.
This role offers the opportunity to work for a true independent market leader and established global brand. With progressive training and development this role allows potential promotion in the longer term. With a long established presence on a UK wide scale and a consistent order book this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
- Responsible for the mechanical & electrical maintenance of all production equipment.
- Participate in planned preventative maintenance.
- Fault finding and repair of all plant, machinery, and equipment.
- Liaise with external contractors.
- Carry out checks and inspection of plant, machinery, and equipment.
- Liaising closely with production team.
- Involvement in capital expenditure and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensuring all equipment meets company and legal health & safety requirements.
- Communicating unscheduled downtime to the Site Head Engineer and the reasons with solutions.
- All works performed following a ‘clean as you go’ ethic in accordance with good manufacturing practice.
- Responsible for ensuring the workshop and individual toolboxes are maintained to the highest standards.
- Identification of improvements that can be made to production lines or individual machinery or other operations.
- Ensuring that engineering supplies requested are appropriate to engineering works being carried out.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the site, equipment, and processes.
Skills and Qualifications
- Time served fitter/engineer or have a City & Guilds certificate (or equivalent) in Mechanical Electrical Engineering including at least 17th Edition.
- Have experience in fault finding, repair and general maintenance of machinery, hydraulics, electrics, and other production associated systems.
- Production environment experience essential, ideally in a FMCG organisation.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Strong health and safety knowledge.
- Competent to attempt most aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering with little direction.
- Experienced with the various types of PLCs and able to competently interrogate, fault find and program with little direction.
- Experienced with control systems and finding potential faults.
- Able to read schematic drawings and diagnose faults quickly & accurately.
- Experienced with all aspects of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Competent using MIG, TIG and electric arc welding equipment.
- Experienced in continuous improvements techniques preferred.
As a business our client is a market leading textiles manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: 6754_1658324123
Job Start Date: ASAP