Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Days Monday to Friday
£41,000 – £42,000 + Benefits, Overtime, Healthcare and Pension
My client, a market leading manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and technically minded Electrical Design Engineer to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join a company who are constantly looking to improve.
Role & Responsibilities
- Interpretation of customer specification and requirements leading to production of detailed functional design specifications.
- Must be able to undertake all aspects of electrical design for machines and systems including conceptual design, detailed design and production of detailed drawings.
- Must be able to produce electrical Schematic Diagrams & General Arrangements using AutoCAD.
- Must be able to produce all aspects of design documentation to facilitate material procurement, electrical assembly and machine wiring.
- Must be able to calculate and specify control gear, inverter drive and motor sizes.
- Must be able to design and implement machine interface systems to include Ethernet IP, Profinet/Profisafe, EtherCAT, Profibus, Devicenet & DSI Communications protocols.
- Must be able to design in accordance with current Machinery Directives & Safety standards, including Risk Assessments.
- Must be able to produce all necessary current legislative documentation.
- Generation of ‘Design, Operation and Maintenance’ documentation.
- Control & liaise with both customers and suppliers.
- Specifying & purchasing of required parts from approved suppliers.
- Provide support to production department / team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experienced in specification and design of machine control systems.
- Experienced in design & specification of PLC and Drive control systems (Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron).
- Preferably an experienced user of AutoCAD (AutoCAD Electrical experience preferable but not essential).
- Preferably a ‘Time Served’ Electrical Engineer with a sound understanding of mechanical systems.
- Preferably has a grounded knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Be motivated & work well both as part of a team or individually on projects.
- Be prepared to travel both in the UK & Worldwide.
- Must hold UK driving license.
- Must hold valid UK Passport.
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: EDEGB_1656428289
Job Start Date: ASAP