Engineering Shift Manager
Engineering Shift Manager
£53,785 – £63,785 plus excellent company benefits
Supplying into the biggest names within the retail and service sectors this company are a key player with an impressive market share. They have multiple sites across the U.K but due to on-going investment they now require an experienced Engineering Shift Manager for their Hereford facility. With very exciting changes recently, the business has seen impressive investment into new technology and automation within the factory. As a Engineering Shift Manager, you would be working a 5-shift continental pattern which provides regular opportunities for conducting Engineering Projects, Continuous Improvement activities and Training & Development.
Role & Responsibilities:
You will lead and manage the day to day running of the shift, the Engineering Shift Manager responsibilities will include management, welfare, training and development of the relevant Shift Engineers.
- Responsible for on-shift Engineering performance of fast-moving production line and wider factory Engineering activities.
- Understanding of engineering and operational KPI’s and be able to identify areas for improvement.
- To ensure equipment is set up ready for shift start, performs at required output and ensure lines are shut down correctly.
- Accountable for allocating and recording stock used in support of machinery. Includes requesting of replacement parts and sourcing of additional parts as required.
- Identify the training needs of the Shift in order to coach, train and develop the team to provide the opportunities to develop to their potential.
- Review data on equipment effectiveness, review PMs and coordinate inclusion of jobs on weekend or daily plans
- Lead and support improvements projects and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- HNC certification or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Experience in Engineering leadership
- NEBOSH or IOSH
- IEE 17th or 18th Edition
- PLC experience
- A starting salary of £53,785 – £63,785 (depending on experience)
- 6% Pension
- 31 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Health Cover
- Various lifestyle benefits, including wellbeing resources
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk.
Job Reference: 22860/534M_1693858302
Salary: £53785 - £63785 per annum + additional benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Hereford, Herefordshire