Health, Safety and Environmental Officer.
Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
£25,000 – £30,000
An innovative and well-established South Wales manufacturer are currently looking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer. This company are part of a multi-national group and has undergone a sustained period of investment and growth. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for long term progression.
Roles & Responsibilities
To co-ordinate the activities of the health, safety and environmental function at our Llantrisant facility. To ensure key business standards relating to health, safety & environment are implemented and adhered to. Implementation of robust training packages and development strategies for the site.
- Ensure corporate policies and initiatives are implemented and communicated to all employees.
To support and work with departmental managers in all aspects of H&S management to ensure it is up to standard in their respective departments, with a strong emphasis on risk assessment, training and auditing.
- Implement and maintain the site’s environmental standards and ensure the site’s environmental impact is evaluated and objectives and plans are implemented, ISO14001 accreditation to be attained.
- Ensure Operation Clean Sweep is fully implemented and adhered to. Continuously promote and educate all employees to ensure full compliance is achieved.
- Ensure the ISO 50001 Energy Standard framework is maintained. Actively partake in energy reduction initiatives and support the engineering department.
- Identifying training needs through the site training plan and PDR process within the company using appropriate techniques liaising with managers and staff
- Coordinate all Training & Development requirements for the site, associated with Health, Safety and the Environment by identifying, co-ordinating and where appropriate, creation of training materials and delivering such training; manage applications for training courses and professional qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of EHS regulations and associated requirements
- Previous experience in an EHS role
- Experience of learning techniques and identifying the most appropriate delivery mechanism for training programs
- Excellent organisational skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 20570/617_1655126284
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Llantrisant