Health Safety & Environment Manager
Job Vacancy: Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Location: Corwen, North Wales
Company: Chemical-Based Manufacturing Business
Are you a dedicated Environmental, Health and Safety professional with a passion for fostering a culture of safety and sustainability? Do you thrive in a dynamic manufacturing environment? If so, my client has an exciting opportunity for you to join their team as an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager at a chemical-based manufacturing business located in town of Corwen, North Wales.
Role and Responsibilities:
As the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the well-being of the employees, protecting the environment, and maintaining compliance with relevant regulations. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Developing, implementing, and overseeing safety policies, programs, and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
* Identifying and assessing potential hazards, conducting risk assessments, and implementing measures to mitigate risks effectively.
* Leading and delivering EHS training programs to educate employees about safety protocols and best practices.
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials and chemicals.
* Conducting regular audits and inspections to identify areas for improvement and ensuring compliance with local and national regulations.
* Investigating incidents, accidents, and near misses, and providing timely and accurate reports to senior management.
* Keeping up-to-date with changes in EHS laws and regulations and advising the organization on necessary adjustments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
* NEBOSH Diploma preferable, but NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum.
* Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 or OHSAS18001/ISO 45001 required
* Proven experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment, preferably in the chemical industry.
* In-depth knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and best practices.
* Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage employees at all levels.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
* Proficiency in using EHS management systems and software.
* A proactive and hands-on approach to EHS management.
What they Offer:
* Competitive salary.
* Opportunity to make a significant impact on the safety and sustainability practices of our organization.
* A collaborative and supportive work environment that values innovation and continuous improvement.
If you are a dedicated EHS professional looking for a new challenge and are eager to contribute to the success of a chemical-based manufacturing business, apply now with your updated CV.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note this client does not offer sponsorship of any kind or relocation assistance.
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk.
Job Reference: 22787/617_1695300096
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: