Up to £28,500 per annum + pension, share scheme and more
An exciting opportunity to join a successful award-winning market leader, who has supplied high-quality products and trusted building solutions to some of the most iconic and high-profile projects around the world.
This 40-year established, multi-million-pound company with an enviable share of the market has invested heavily in improving the infrastructure and production capacity, is also in a leading position to capitalise on the market growth.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carry out risk assessments, COSHH assessments and manual handling assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline standard operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Carry out health and safety inductions.
- Carry out proactive safety monitoring such as fire drills & first aider scenario tests.
- Carry out in-house training with employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Investigate & record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all health and safety executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
- Produce health & safety communications, lesson learnt, safety alerts.
- Organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. Asbestos
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 1-year experience in a health and safety role.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent or currently working towards this.
- Good foundation of knowledge of health and safety legislation.
Salary & Benefits
- A starting salary of up to £28,500
- Annual profit share, up to 10%
- 9% company pension (5% employer contribution + 4% employee contribution)
- up to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site car parking
- Excellent training and development
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk.
Job Reference: 20723/617_1657287128
Job Start Date:
Job Location: Cardiff