£37,000 – £55,000 plus excellent benefits
This ambitious manufacturer has developed a superb reputation for the design and development of innovative equipment for a range of industries. Operating from their state of the art facility in Chepstow they supply to companies and customers across the globe. They are about to embark on the next phase of their growth plans and they now require a bright, ambitious Manufacturing Engineer to play a pivotal role in developing this team moving forward.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To define how our new products will be manufactured and/or assembled on the production line including design of packaging, ensuring the right quantity of components/products are delivered and aligned to support the speed of the production line, whilst appreciating our existing product manufacturing lines.
- Lead the introduction of new product lines and optimise the manufacturing processes.
- Review and calculate the cost-effectiveness of various tools and equipment in the production process and predict the overheads in future production requirements.
- Maximise manufacturing efficiency through effective workflow, space requirements, and equipment placement planning.
- Ensure staff adherence to manufacturer’s procedures and instructions during equipment operation and that our new manufacturing processes comply with relevant policies and government laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Operations Team and supply chains in identifying opportunities for tooling and automation of high-volume parts.
- Support procurement in the sourcing of high-volume component suppliers or offshoring procurement agencies.
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities and provide training and guidance to accomplish production goals.
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in respect of all new engineering projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering. A Masters degree or relevant certification will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role, preferably in a medium sized manufacturing organisation and have an In-depth knowledge of manufacturing production and processes.
- A systematic and methodical person with a high level of technical aptitude
- Proven experience in introducing new product lines and optimising manufacturing processes.
- Excellent technical aptitude with proficiency in computer-aided modelling and design software as well as strong project management skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and critical thinking skills alongside dedication to continuous improvement.
- £37,000 – £55,000
- Excellent potential for career progression.
- Performance related Bonus.
- Strong product training and development.
- Extremely stable global business.
- Pension Scheme.
- Excellent benefits.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 22668/611_1694510800
Salary: £37000 - £55000 per annum + plus excellent benefits + Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: