This is a rare opportunity to join a highly successful and well-established medical device manufacturer that are experiencing excellent growth and continued investment. Working from their state of the art, automated manufacturing facility in Comer you will be responsible for process validation, contributing to new product development, continuous improvement and work within research and development. This is an excellent time to join an international business with growth plans in place.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the development of new devices
* Contribute as a key team member to allocated work-streams within development projects
* Provide input to technical reports and design documentation for internal and external users.
* Adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities by.
* Provide engineering and process knowledge to input to activities and business decision making within your speciality area
* As a key member of the New Product Introduction project team investigate all manufacturing solutions and liaise with Production to ensure agreed production systems are in place by the agreed project milestones
* Develop technical specifications for new manufacturing systems
* Lead process validation activities.
* Advise and coordinate with the R&D team on any new equipment, tooling required for new products or process improvements
* Continually review existing and new processes, implementing process improvements and keeping under review the effectiveness of changes
* Ensure all associated Quality documentation and reports are maintained and kept up to date
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering or related discipline
* Previous experience in a similar role(s) within a manufacturing environment.
* Working knowledge of continuous improvement methods to improve overall equipment effectiveness, quality, reduce cost, inefficiencies and waste.
* Experience of designing and conducting Process Capability Studies – this will be a significant aspect of the job.
* Experience of sourcing, purchasing and installing manufacturing equipment ideally leading but as part of a team is acceptable.
* Able to manage own schedule and work in a fast-paced environment and on multiple projects at one time whilst still delivering to plan
* Proficient in the use of 2D CAD systems e.g. AutoCAD
* Competitive salary
* Company pension
* Company bonus
* Life assurance 3x annual salary
* 23 Days holiday + bank holidays
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling Jack Lavis on 02920 894900 or by sending your CV directly to him at email@example.com
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Consultant Jack Lavis directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him for a confidential discussion on 02920 894 903.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk.
Job Reference: 20881/611_1659104923
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: