Circa £40,000 + excellent benefits
A leading worldwide automotive supplier is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to implement their operational strategy of the site. A highly driven and accomplished Manufacturing Engineer is required to drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure the business meets its demand. Playing a key part for the responsibility of the site you will demonstrate a proven track record of growth and profitability through process and people improvement.
Role & Responsibilities:
- This role is responsible for the implementation of the product design in manufacturing in the most efficient way. Not only new processes but also existing processes are continuously reviewed and improvement measures are implemented in close cooperation with adjacent areas.
- Manufacturing Engineers are a standard member of core teams, bring in their knowledge and expertise in early stages of development and design to meet our customers needs
- Ensure continuous improvement of current processes to meet manufacturing target and exceed them.
- Responsible for the development of the MBOM, BOP and the creation of the needed routings in the relevant systems (TC, D365)
- Responsible for the development and the release of all manufacturing documents (PFMEA, Process Flow charts, Work Instructions, Control plans, Feasibility studies)
- Responsible for the development & installation of the needed manufacturing and packaging equipment and packaging proposal (Expendable and returnable) to meet project goals (process specialization – acoustic, laser welding, assembly, Robotics, Vision system, tooling)
- Responsible to support and deliver new manufacturing technologies to improve competitiveness and project profitability.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar technical studies
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in the manufacturing / process area
- Experience in product development is an asset
- Experience working in an automotive, aerospace or highly regulated industry is desirable
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge in process design and layout creation
- Working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing methods
- Working knowledge of FMEA, MSA, SPC and other quality management tools
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Extremely stable business who are part of a global organisation
- Plus further benefits
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 20606/611_1655804717
Job Start Date: Asap
Job Location: Swansea