Mechanical Design Engineer
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an excellent electronics manufacturer in the Salisbury area.
With no day ever being the same the Mechanical Design Engineer role offers genuine long-term progression and career development within a first-class manufacturing environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working with electronic engineers to design mechanical parts
- Design, validation and development of solutions through SolidWorks flow Simulation
- Responsible for producing prototype parts for initial feasibility tests, prior to receiving external samples
- Working with suppliers to design and develop end customer packaging solutions.
- Creating and updating the BOM checklist for projects.
- Maintaining and updating Change Request and Concession documentation.
- Troubleshooting production issues on existing products and providing workable solutions.
- Liaising with the Procurement and Quality teams along with the suppliers to optimize cost, quality, and the overall process.
- Keep track of new materials, process and developments within the industry which will be of the benefit to development of new products.
- Taking part in DFMEA’s and developing/conducting and recording mechanical tests to verify designs
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to Degree standard in Mechanical Engineering/Product Design
- Industry experience and a strong understanding of the requirements designing in plastics would be beneficial.
- Advanced 3D CAD skills in Solidworks, and Solidworks Simulation would be advantageous.
- Experience of CorelDraw.
- A strong technical ability and a keen knowledge of manufacturing processes, with the necessary skills to turn concepts into products for manufacture.
- ‘Hands on’ practical skills will be required and experience of using workshop equipment is desirable, e.g. band saws, pillar drills etc.
- Experience working as member of a development team using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- The job involves considerable contact with outside suppliers and therefore good communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
Package and Benefits:
- £40,000 – £50,000 DOE
- 24 days holiday increasing with LoS, Hybrid opportunities, salary sacrifice pension scheme, death in service, free canteen, free parking, long service awards.
- Exceptional long term career progression opportunities
How to apply:
Suitable candidates for the Mechanical Design Engineer role should apply immediately using the ‘Apply Now’ button by calling Olly on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to email@example.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the UK. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Job Reference: 22259_1697204092
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: