Mechanical Design Engineer
- £35,000 – £40,000
- Excellent benefits
- Potential to progress within the company.
- 25 Days holidays.
As a leading Engineering and Manufacturing business this company is renowned for its expertise in R&D and New Product Development. Their order books are full and they have ambitious and aggressive growth plans for the next five years. They are currently looking for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to work on high-level projects with some key customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Consult with customers to understand problems and develop tailored solutions.
- Collaborate with wider stake holders in procurement, production, and sales to provide a cost-effective product, and design for manufacture.
- Produce designs and technical drawings / documentation primarily using Autodesk Inventor CAD software.
- Undertake mechanical design calculations that validate the chosen design concepts.
- Create and modify Bills-of-Materials in CAD and MRP/ERP (Infor LN).
- Utilise on site lab for prototyping and concept testing. Using 3D printers and CNC equipment for sample production.
- Perform electrical performance and product characterization testing.
- Support Procurement in alternative material selection and cost down exercises.
- Evaluate material performance in line with relevant EN standards.
- Manage multiple development projects, ensuring that they achieve set targets for timeline and cost.
- Co-ordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and key stakeholders. Provide project updates to customers and the wider organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an engineering role.
- Understanding of engineering principles and materials.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external to the business.
- High level of problem solving and solution focus ability.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 15935/610_1702633994
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + Plus excellent training and development
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: