Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 – £45,000 + excellent benefits
An innovative company renowned for its design excellence and being a market leading player within their industry are looking for an Mechanical Design Engineer to assist them with some lucrative new projects and add to its thriving Design team. This Company is growing year on year with their innovative products which is why they’re looking for likeminded individuals who want to progress themselves within the Mechanical Design team and grow with the company. They will be opportunities for a Junior or Senior Design Engineer and they’re looking to recruit immediately.
Role & Responsibilities:
- From a top level brief, and working in collaboration with electrical, controls and software engineers – design and implement cost-effective equipment and solutions for engineering problems and help improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
- Designing robust solutions within a 3D environment, ensuring best practice modelling to minimise waste in the model and eliminate conflicting information between models and drawings.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with customers, internal departments, sub-contractors and suppliers, considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Creation of documentation for the release of products to production, including but not limited to BoM, spares list, build instructions and assembly drawings.
- Assembly of prototypes, recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Preparing product documentation for service, publications and sales and marketing.
- Creating engineering drawings conforming to BS8888, ISO 9001 and internal company standards for presentation to various suppliers.
- Ensuring designs conform to international standards and directives.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be qualified to degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Science, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Very open on background as long as you have experience working in a manufacturing environment as a Design Engineer.
- The candidate will experience in a product development environment specifically design for manufacture, assembly and service; to ensure design concepts can be consistently manufactured to enable repeatability of function and operation.
- Experience of using Autodesk Inventor for part drawing and assembly creation. Other CAD packages would be considered. (Creo, Solidworks)
- Experience of BoM creation and control within CAD package.
- Experience of Vault or other PLM software.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
- Strong training culture
- Opportunities to progress into a Senior Design Engineer
- Pension scheme
- Excellent benefits
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
If you are interested in this position please click ‘apply’.
Hunter Selection Limited is a recruitment consultancy with offices UK wide, specialising in permanent & contract roles within Engineering & Manufacturing, IT & Digital, Science & Technology and Service & Sales sectors.
Please note as we receive a high level of applications we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Job Reference: 22525/610_1707325764
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + plus excellent benefits + Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: