Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Cambridge Area (SG19)
Commutable from Cambridge, Bedford, St. Neots, Huntingdon, Sandy, Royston, Hitchin
£40,000 – £45,000
Our client is a leading design and manufacturer of full turnkey projects for food processing & packaging machinery. With a reputation for product quality which is second to none and industry leading standards. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their expanding team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working within a team of design engineers, designing a comprehensive range of food processing and packaging machinery for manufacture
- Create designs using Autodesk Inventor & Solidworks design software packages
- Carry out concept designs of machinery & systems
- Deal directly with suppliers to obtain prices & delivery times
- Create BOM’s, price reviews and liaise with project engineers throughout design process
- Work on own initiative and as part of a team daily
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Must have experience of conducting design work for food processing & packaging machinery
- Ideally degree qualified or able to show a natural progression route
- An experienced mechanical design engineer
- Beneficial to be apprentice served, with shop floor machining & fabrication experience
- Working knowledge of steam systems, fluid systems, pumps, pneumatics, stress calculations, sheet metal development and sizing of motor/gearboxes for applications
- Must be able to use Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks and AutoCAD design packages
- Flexible to travel to meet with customers/clients when needed in UK and sometimes overseas
- Strong communicator – dealing with customers, project engineers and shop floor personnel
- A proactive, enthusiastic and driven character
- Will not consider relocators – must live commutable to the Cambridge area
Job Reference No: SE33267 / 610
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com / 01275 371 981
If you are interested in this position please click ‘apply’.
Hunter Selection Limited is a recruitment consultancy with offices UK wide, specialising in permanent & contract roles within Engineering & Manufacturing, IT & Digital, Science & Technology and Service & Sales sectors.
Please note as we receive a high level of applications we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Job Reference: SE33267 / 610_1707413715
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire