A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer to join a great high tech company priding itself on quality.
With no day ever being the same as Mechanical Engineer the role offers career development within a first-class high tech environment.
Benefits:- Bonus Scheme, Life assurance, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday, Private Pension Scheme, Flexible Working
Role & Responsibilities:
As part of the Power Electronics (PE) Department, you will support in the design, development and manufacture of components and assemblies including tooling, fixture, and test equipment. Undertaking early-stage product and process development in parallel with emerging technologies and configurations.
- To lead early-stage product and process development in parallel with emerging technologies and configurations.
- To organise and lead engineers in production engineering manufacturing methods with hands-on build and testing of prototypes
- To define and manage product test and verification activity across full development life-cycle, including measurement analysis and reporting.
- To drive and maintain quality and to optimise engineering processes and practices for the manufacturing of products in line with company and international quality standards.
- To provide professional and technical expertise and support the PE team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent as a minimum in mechanical, electrical or production engineering
- A minimum of 5-10 years industry experience in a relevant discipline or high technology industry.
- Expert knowledge and proven implementation of CAD modelling and creating and checking detail drawings (SolidWorks preferred).
- Ability to analyse functional requirements and apply appropriate design criteria, process and tolerance to meet specification
- Demonstratable experience of engineering manufacturing processes and their selection to meet product design requirements
- To lead concept and process development through the use of ‘Design of Experiment’, FMEAs and standard automotive quality practices.
- Lead investigations in root cause analysis (8D), using problem-solving techniques and implementing corrective actions.
- Representing Power Electronics engineering in maintaining quality standards ISO9001, IATF16949 and to drive continual improvement (familiarity of IPC would also be advantageous).
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Managing Consultant Nick Willis-Stovold directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK. Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the UK
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Job Reference: ST083_1696949889
Salary: £30000 - £50000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: