Mechanical Project Engineer
£30,000 – £37,000 plus annual bonus, pension and more
- £30,000 – £37,000
- Company Annual Bonus
- 10% pension – 5% matched contribution
- Hybrid working – 2 days from home a week
- Westfield Health cover
- 33 days holidays
- Ongoing professional career development
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join a thriving and growing global engineering business based in South Wales. They operate on a global scale and supply into secure industries that will continue to grow throughout 2024 and beyond. The Project Engineer will be responsible for leading and manage a range of NPI/ Engineering Change projects through the project life cycle from sales handover to full production.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Suppliers/ Customers and internal cross-functional teams you will ensure that quality parts are delivered to world class Customers on time, in scope and within budget.
- Creation and maintenance of the project tracking timeline and project files.
- Ensuring APQP process is followed and fully complied with
- Lead and organise technical reviews with the supplier, assessing supplier control processes and ensuring correct validation of all PPAP/ quality documentation.
- Working with the supplier, providing technical leadership to ensure samples and pre-production parts are delivered appropriately and on time.
- Develop a close working relationship with the customer, being the key technical contact, understanding and managing the customer specifications/ promoting the voice of the customer during the project phase and after completion.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- HND/ Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Sound knowledge and experience of APQP, including the PPAP process, FMEA’s and control plans.
If you are interested in this position please click ‘apply’.
Hunter Selection Limited is a recruitment consultancy with offices UK wide, specialising in permanent & contract roles within Engineering & Manufacturing, IT & Digital, Science & Technology and Service & Sales sectors.
Please note as we receive a high level of applications we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Job Reference: 23631/612_1706887504
Salary: £30000 - £37000 per annum + annual bonus, pension and more
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent