Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
MULTISKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
FMCG PACKAGING MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
£29,000 + Training, Overtime, Pension and Holidays
Due to a leaver in our clients business, they are now recruiting for another Multi-Skilled Engineer to join their team in the Haydock Area on a Days based position.
This role offers the opportunity to work for a true independent market leader and established global brand. With progressive training and development this role allows potential promotion in the longer term. With a long established presence on a UK wide scale and a consistent order book this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
- To ensure all machinery is maintained in a safe working condition
- To plan and control all engineering activity on a day-to-day basis and to establish a longer-term engineering strategy to ensure continuity of manufacturing in the short term and facilitate expansion of output in the longer term using best practice, within allocated budget constraints
- To maximize the efficiency of the production lines
- To ensure that a Preventative Maintenance Plan is achieve by maximizing available downtime during shutdown periods.
- To design & publish a planned preventative maintenance plan and introduce the plan to reduce the machine breakdown lost time.
- To negotiate with suppliers on resource allocation
- Ensuring adequate maintenance of stock levels
- To establish and maintain a business-critical documentation
- To liaise with the Operations team to ensure that any maintenance carried out is done so in such a manner that it keeps to a minimum the production lost, and machine down time and time that Engineering have ‘control’ of the Machines.
- To liaise with the Site Production Manager to evaluate the effect on production efficiency of machine breakdown lost time.
- To support the Site Production Manager and other members of the management team as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) qualifications
- City & Guilds
- Production line maintenance experience
- Strong delegation skills.
- Effective communicator, who has respect from peers and team
- Effective motivator
- Numerate and proven problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety specific to safety of machinery
As a business our client is a market leading FMCG Packaging manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: FF463_1658401690
Job Start Date: ASAP