Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias)
ELECTRICAL BIAS MULTISKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
£39,410 + Training, Overtime, Pension and Holidays
Due to an expansion in our clients business, they are now recruiting for another Multi-Skilled Electrical Bias Engineer to join their team in the Kirkham Area on a Double Days based position.
This role offers the opportunity to work for a true independent market leader and established global brand. With progressive training and development this role allows potential promotion in the longer term. With a long established presence on a UK wide scale and a consistent order book this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
- To liaise with the Engineering Manager on a daily basis to ensure machine ‘down time’ is kept to a minimum
- Identify and solve day to day maintenance problems
- To perform PPM (planned preventative maintenance) schedules as required
- Involvement with projects and continuous improvements
- Perform duties from the maintenance non-urgent job list
- To accurately complete all documentation in a timely fashion
- To accurately create and update relevant SOP’s as necessary
- To identify and solve day to day machine and plant related problems
- Carry out maintenance activities on buildings, plant, and facilities to improve quality and cost effectiveness
- To liaise with the Engineering Manager to ensure the availability of spare machine parts whilst keeping costs to a minimum
- To set up various packaging machinery as and when required and assist with installation of new equipment
- To provide training and coaching to other staff as requested by the Engineering Manager.
- To suggest ways in which procedures may be improved.
Skills and Qualifications
- Recognised engineering trade apprenticeship and/or HNC in electrical engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of site electrical distribution
- Experience and a good understanding of PLCs, fault finding, 3 phase, DC motors, relays, sensors, and drives
- Computer literate
- Previous experience of working in a ‘clean’ manufacturing / factory environment preferably within the food / pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of working on a wide range of manufacturing and packaging machinery
- At least 5 years’ experience within the FMCG sector
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: NA840_1659369726
Job Start Date: ASAP