Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Bias)
ELECTRICAL BIAS MULTISKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
FMCG/FOOD PRODUCTION INDUSTRY
MON-FRI DAY SHIFTS
£32,000-36,000 + Overtime, Pension and Holidays
Due to an expansion in our clients business, they are now recruiting for another Multi-Skilled Electrical Bias Engineer to join their team in the Bury Area on a Days based position.
This role offers the opportunity to work for a true independent market leader and established global brand. With progressive training and development this role allows potential promotion in the longer term. With a long established presence on a UK wide scale and a consistent order book this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
- Implementing the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the food manufacturing industry, emphasising preventative maintenance.
- Service and maintain food industry machinery i.e. production/packing lines, thermo-formers, MAP packing machinery, fillers, steamers, clippers, slicing machines.
- Ensuring quick response, diagnosis and repair of reactive breakdown requirements so that the effect on the day to day factory production is minimal.
- Maintain the physical plant, all electrical & mechanical equipment, controls & fire safety systems.
- Monitor the use & inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies & equipment & initiate reordering when necessary.
- Provide schedules of work & keep records of work carried out as required.
- Be proactive in gaining a competent technical understanding of all the factory’s machinery from suppliers & the internet.
- Work with the Project Analyst to identify areas in utility usage that can be improved.
- Review & evaluate the operation of plant equipment & systems to minimise unplanned downtime & to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Reporting into the maintenance manager, 4 other engineers on shift. 2-4 lines active at a time
Skills and Qualifications
- Mechanical skills – hydraulics, pneumatics, belts, bearings and chains.
- Electrical skills – 3 phase motors, relays and contactors, motor drives.
- The ability to analyse, diagnose & resolve operational problems & emergencies.
- Excellent fault finding ability both electrically and mechanically.
- Maintenance Engineering apprenticeship preferable
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar FMCG industry/environment
- Basic computer skills and confident completing paperwork.
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: BPC759_1659436397
Job Start Date: ASAP