£36,000-£40,000 – Dependant on Experience
Due to continued expansion across the business, my client a market leading manufacturer is seeking to enhance its team on site with the appointment of a Buyer into the business.
This role offers the opportunity to work for a true market leader and established global brand. With progressive training and development this role allows potential promotion in the longer term within a long-established presence on a UK wide scale and a consistent order book this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
- Autonomously lead tactical Purchasing and Material Planning activity at the Plant, with support when required.
- Accurately schedule and manage the supply of specific raw materials, consumables, pallets, services, and spare parts to meet production requirements and optimal stock levels.
- Support the regional Materials Planner in ensuring packaging levels are optimised to support Plant production requirements.
- Manage specific SAP invoice workflows to ensure timely supplier due payments.
- Preparation, issue and maintenance of SAP purchase orders and material call-offs
- Develop, implement, and maintain Purchasing and Material Planning processes in line with regional and central Purchasing and Supply Chain policy.
- To offer innovative and experiential input towards increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Purchasing and Material Planning processes.
- Support the appraisal of existing and candidate key supplier capabilities in line with the company audit and on-boarding processes.
- Support raw material visual spot checks ensuring plant efficiencies due to regular changing batch levels for specific product manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain strong, value-adding relationships with internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Arrange and attend plant and off-site meetings with internal and external stakeholders – sometimes outside the UK.
Skills and Qualifications
- High level of experience in managing stock levels for direct and indirect materials
- Experience of Purchasing in a busy manufacturing environment
- Highly experienced in the use of SAP
- Awareness of lean manufacturing and CI techniques – Desirable
- Experience of being part of a management team – Desirable
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: PBK_1655984250
Job Start Date: ASAP