Power Electronics Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
You will undertake some or all of the following tasks:
- Design of AC & DC distribution systems including sizing, protection, control, and the specification of power supplies and converters
- Motor drives, control, and positioning systems
- Data links, data protocols, networks, EMC management and verification
- Specification of bespoke procured hardware
- Design verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, and test techniques including support to EMC test houses and customer installations
- Generate design documentation and technical reports
- Interfacing with related disciplines
- Adherence to Engineering Lifecycle and contributing to progress, peer, and design reviews
- Provide Electrical Engineering expertise to the project team
Your skills and experiences:
You will have a degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related subject with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Generating component level electronic designs for introduction into volume production
- Previous experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment
- Familiarity with Electrical Safety Standards, and EMC qualification to DEF STAN 59-411
- Design proving, integration, and defect resolution
- Gathering of evidence to support acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety
- Rigorous approach to the safety aspects associated with high power/high voltage equipment
- Experience in supporting new electrical circuit board layouts / design and upgrades
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Hardware Development Team:
As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for electrical designs. This role will provide you with the opportunity to join various complex development projects where you will see the full lifecycle and contribute through all phases.
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy Nick Stovold on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at email@example.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Job Reference: ST012_1703243132
Salary: £40000 - £65000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: