Process Improvement Engineer
Process Improvement Engineer
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum + pension, share scheme and more
An exciting opportunity to join a successful award-winning market leader, who has supplied high-quality products and trusted building solutions to some of the most iconic and high-profile projects around the world. This 40-year established, multi-million-pound company with an enviable share of the market has invested heavily in improving the infrastructure and production capacity, is also in a leading position to capitalise on the market growth.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will work as part of a team responsible for process improvements, machine reliability, waste control, and quality of the finished product
- You will be required to lead projects as required, taking responsibility for continuous improvements, new product development, installation and commissioning of new machinery, and various new products or machine related projects.
- Support engineering with design, re-design and development of process equipment
- Work closely with engineering and production to ensure that equipment reliability and repeatability is maintained at the optimum level
- To work with component and machine suppliers to eradicate process problems identified by production and maintenance
- Organise, implement, maintain and improve production process flows
- Drive a continuous improvement culture and Lean manufacturing techniques / principles throughout the business.
- Use and implementation of 8D methodology
- Identify ways to reduce production costs, project plan changes and implement challenging deadlines.
- Drive change on 7 wastes culture.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables such as drawings for manufacture, Process Flow diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect diagrams, shutdown procedures, TPM documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in Continuous improvement/ lean based role
- Must be fully proficient in the use of software Microsoft office. Experience of 2D and / or 3D CAD would be beneficial.
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline ideally
- Experience of implementing improvements in processes and operational effectiveness
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment with a good understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
Salary & Benefits
- A starting salary of £35,000 – £40,000
- Annual profit share, up to 10%
- 9% company pension (5% employer contribution + 4% employee contribution)
- up to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site car parking
- Excellent training and development
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk.
Job Reference: 18251/611_1652812911
Job Start Date:
Job Location: Cardiff