Mechanical Project Engineer
£30,000 – £37,000 plus annual bonus, pension and more
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join a thriving and growing global engineering business based in South Wales. They operate on a global scale and supply into secure industries that will continue to grow throughout 2023 and beyond. The Project Engineer will be responsible for leading and manage a range of NPI/ Engineering Change projects through the project life cycle from sales handover to full production.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Suppliers/ Customers and internal cross-functional teams you will ensure that quality parts are delivered to world class Customers on time, in scope and within budget.
- Creation and maintenance of the project tracking timeline and project files.
- Ensuring APQP process is followed and fully complied with
- Lead and organise technical reviews with the supplier, assessing supplier control processes and ensuring correct validation of all PPAP/ quality documentation.
- Working with the supplier, providing technical leadership to ensure samples and pre-production parts are delivered appropriately and on time.
- Develop a close working relationship with the customer, being the key technical contact, understanding and managing the customer specifications/ promoting the voice of the customer during the project phase and after completion.
- Ensure PPAP completion and approval prior to production handover and delivery of the new parts.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- HND/ Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Sound knowledge and experience of APQP, including the PPAP process, FMEA’s and control plans.
- £30,000 – £37,000
- 10% pension – 5% matched contribution
- Hybrid working – 2 days from home a week
- Westfield Health cover
- 33 days holidays
- Company Annual Bonus
- Ongoing professional career development
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 21996/612_1693853700
Salary: £30000 - £37000 per annum + annual bonus, pension and more
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent