Commutable from – Cambridge, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Bedford, Chatteris, St. Neots
Our client is a global leading automation & technology solutions provider, working within the food, FMCG and automated distribution industries. Due to global growth and securing multi-million-pound projects in the UK, they are looking for experienced Project Managers to join their brand-new venture into the UK market.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing work across multiple engineering fields, coordinating with mechanical & electrical engineers, design teams, software engineers, procurement, logistics and site implementation
- An instrumental role in developing a strong project centric culture in the UK
- Handle multiple projects at customer sites across automation systems, conveyors, manual handling equipment, robotics, case & pallet handling systems
- Liaising closely with key stakeholders at customer sites
- Management of resources, scheduling projects, quoting, tendering, costings, analysis of data and general project admin
- Projects valuing from £500k to £10million
- Handling projects from concept through to customer handover/completion
- Travelling throughout the UK and overseas when needed to meet with customers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Project management experience, focusing on the supplier side
- MS Project – Expert skill level
- Ideally have worked in project engineering role previously – hands-on/technical background
- Experienced in material handling systems, robotics, conveyors, automation
- Commercial awareness – handling multi-million-pound projects
- Strong & effective communicator – working across multi-functional teams/departments
- Project management qualification is preferred
- Understanding of Health & Safety and Quality Management Systems
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a project engineer/manager
- Willing to travel throughout the UK and overseas if needed
- Able to develop relationships
- Degree qualified in engineering ideally
- Financial awareness – costing, tendering, quotations
- Dynamic and flexible person – willing to change, compromise with customer demands
Job Reference No: SE20554 / 612
“To apply please email your CV / resume to [ email@example.com ]”.
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar please contact our Managing Consultant, Chris Gumm on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: SE20554 / 612_1654866516
Job Start Date: ASAP!
Job Location: Cambridgeshire