Python Software Test Engineer
The client is a world leading R&D consutlancy going through huge amounts of growth currently.
The client looking for Python Software Test Engineers to join our High Integrity Software team.
The team develops software for safety related and critical applications in the Aerospace, Defence, Rail, Automotive and Energy sectors, often related to critical national infrastructure. Our industry award winning projects make step changes in operational efficiency and safety in their domain and are highly respected by our customers. You will join a diverse team of excellent and experienced engineers who are committed to ensuring our projects meet our customers’ high expectations.
We have a range of projects from single person consultancy roles with customers supporting them with their software challenges to large scale, £multi-million in-house software development projects – and everything in between. You will get the chance to use your skills and learn new ones, develop and enhance your career and progress down the specialisms that interest you. You’ll get all the relevant training and mentoring required to work on these high value projects.
You will work in a team of engineers where you will be responsible for system testing, unit and integration testing of System Software for complex systems. This will involve working with software engineers and other test engineers as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
Depending on your particular area of strength and expertise your responsibilities will include a subset of the following:
- The scoping and design of all test activities
- Following testing strategies and plans and generating appropriate test designs, cases, scripts and test evidence in Python
- Supporting the development and maintenance of test infrastructure
- Contributing to writing test strategies and other plans
- Supporting safety engineers in the development of evidence for software safety cases
Skills & Experiences
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of the software development V-model life-cycle.
- Experience in designing test cases.
- Experience in at least one of the following markets: aerospace, transport, communication, defence, rail, automotive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with others
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Organised, good time management and prioritisation
- Methodical approach to work, with good attention to details and strong logic and reasoning skills
- Degree qualified in software engineering or related/relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer and member of the IEEE or BCS.
- ISTQB Certification.
- Knowledge and experience in static analysis techniques
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Managing Consultant Nick Stovold directly at email@example.com or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: NWS93_1656607006
Salary: £30000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Asap