£40,000 – £45,000 + excellent benefits
After sustained growth this global automotive supplier is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer. The business has a very steady customer base and will continue growing as a company off the back of this, their product range allows them grow and expand with the market changes which makes them extremely stable and profitable. They have forecasted further plans to expand the Quality department which is why they have a requirement for an experienced Quality Engineer.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain product Quality and improve processes and procedures. Support the organization to meet customer expectations for products and services.
- Support Quality Manager to plan, organize, direct, improve and control,
through Branch team, quality system, processes and compliances.
- When involved in quality planning, this position will ensure that a documented comprehensive quality system is in place at product launch to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- When involved with production Supplier/Customer PPAP submissions, coordinate and prepare review/submissions to the supplier/customer
Cost of Poor Quality, Internal PPMs (Productivity), customer KPIs (Voice of the Customer), Production Supplier Quality KPIs, compliance
- Using advanced quality tools and methods, support Quality Manager to Implement, improve and monitor the company’s management system to meet customer and LPA’s requirements and expectations.
- Lead problem solving (8D report etc.), implement corrective actions in a Branch, and document it in knowledge database.
- Plan and prevent customer concerns using advanced quality planning concepts and methods (including DFMEA, PFMEA etc.) in conjunction with core team by being the quality liaison.
- Work with Manufacturing, Branch Quality, Supplier Development, Materials, and Engineering on product development and implementation.
- Develop methods to check and ensure downstream quality in new products (APQP and safe launch) and ensure quality of existing products.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- College (or equivalent) University degree is desirable
- More than 2 years’ experience within an ISO9000, manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing / Process Engineer role previously or a related position
- Problem solving skills are required. Advanced tools such as Six Sigma, Shainin, Taguchi, DFSS, etc are highly desired.
- Multi-tasking, strong advanced statistical technical skills are also highly desired.
- Knowledge of VDA 6.3 Process audit
- Knowledge of APQP, AIAG Core Tools, and GD&T
- £40,000 – £45,000
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Very stable company who are part of a global group
- Plus further benefits
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 20607/617_1655806134
Job Start Date: Asap
Job Location: Swansea