Our client is a worldwide leading provider of industrial materials to Automotive, Aerospace and Military industries. This renowned company is going from strength to strength and is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join the team.
With the core function of the Quality Engineer is to optimise production processes and reach a zero-defect level, our client is looking for someone with tenacity and the desire to succeed.
Role & Responsibilities:
* The role aims to ensure the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard and the Quality Management System (QMS) contribute to the continuous improvement of the business as well as meeting customer requirements.
* The role demands the daily disciplines associated with quality control and the longer-term systematic waste and reject reduction across the business.
* A key requirement is the desire to fully understand processes to enable the identification of process risk. The expectation is for the Quality Engineer to control risk through robust standard operating procedures and appropriate in-process controls.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* The role is challenging and would suit someone who is methodical in their approach and can manage a large volume of work to tight deadlines.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, along with problem-solving and confident decision-making ability.
* The successful applicant must be assertive, proactive and able to challenge traditional methods of work in a constructive manner.
* Investigation of Quality issues within division (using 8D approach, Is/Is Not, Problem Statement, Process Flow, Cause & Effect, Variable Control Plan)
* Liaising with suppliers / customers regarding any Quality issues.
* Experience with Minitab would be advantageous. High levels of accuracy are essential as the role also includes record keeping.
* Lean manufacturing experience would be advantageous.
* Materials experience would be advantageous
* £30,000 – £35,000
* 30+ days holiday
* Profit share scheme
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy – Ashley Reynolds on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Job Reference: 19220 / 617_1656603096
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Devon