£40,000-£45,000 + Training, Pension and Holidays
Due to an increase in customer demand in our clients business, they are now recruiting for a Senior Engineer to join their team in the Manchester Area on a days based position.
This role offers the opportunity to work for a true independent market leader and established global brand. With progressive training and development this role allows potential promotion in the longer term. With a long established presence on a UK wide scale and a consistent order book this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
- Reporting into the Operations Manager & Manufacturing Manager, working to dynamic KPI’s and be influential in the drive for Continuous Improvement of manufacturing.
- Training and mentoring one direct report (graduate engineer) on manufacturing and maintenance engineering principles.
- Completing maintenance on machinery when required
- To be the front-line contact for all engineering resources and be on hand to provide engineering solutions to all aspects of the company.
- To create, issue, monitor and review a maintenance schedule in line with equipment manufacturers guidelines and in-house knowledge of weaknesses.
- Carry out the requirements set out in the TPM schedule. Schedule is visible and maintained with clear status vs schedule.
- Build & progress relationships with suppliers to ensure we get the best service from them when needed.
- Work within a maintenance budget and deploy root cause problem solving techniques to reduce costs. Controlling and negotiating cost discrepancies with suppliers and contractors.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant mechanical and/or electrical engineering education (Degree/ HNC/HND)
- Demonstrate a logical problem-solving mindset
- Lean Manufacturing Practitioner
- Strong manufacturing background (preferably in a fast-moving made-to-order business)
- TPM within manufacturing environment
- Has a good understanding of software and technology engineering practices
- Strong influencing and decision-making skills, working on own initiative, and be a self-starter
- Ability to change approach depending on the project complexity or size
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, and how, and when to use them
- Able to demonstrate significant cost savings as a result of efficiency savings.
- Numerate with great understanding of business finance
- Computer literate: knowledge of Microsoft office suite and process mapping software
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: CO100_1694432091
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension, Life Assurance, Holidays
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Trafford Park, Greater Manchester
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production