£40,000+ (Negotiable Salary)
Flexible working, Training, and Salary progression
An exceptional opportunity for a Senior Engineer with experience on Design & Projects to join a fast-growing supplier of the defence industry.
This opportunity offers the change to work for a family feel brand with exciting plans and projects for the future within the defence industry. With a consistent order book and contracts on a global scale, this opportunity will appeal to a candidate looking for job security and a technical challenge.
- Contribute to winning customer proposals, consisting of technical descriptions, associated costs, and schedule requirements to successfully deliver projects.
- Improve planned machine designs to meet customer requirements by researching commercially available hardware components and sub-assemblies.
- Conceptualising, designing, and modelling machines/ systems that meets customer specifications.
- Reviewing designs and applications to determine feasibility, refining the design as it evolves.
- Produces detailed design drawings for system procurement, fabrication, and assembly.
- Works on an integrated team to design products and systems that interface machine hardware, controls, and software as required.
- Supporting fabrication and installation activities, ensuring products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Writing engineering documentation that support the design verification, installation and maintenance of the products and systems.
- Commitment to team success during the full process from design, procurement, assembly, commissioning, checkout, factory acceptance, and customer on-site acceptance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience that demonstrates mastery of fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years mechanical design experience- Desirable experience with senior/ project management responsibilities
- Experienced user of SolidWorks CAD software
- Experienced in the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software
- Experience in the selection of engineering materials, preferably for marine environments.
- Proficient in the production of mechanical engineering calculations. Ability to utilise MathCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering fabrication methods including sheet metal forming, welding and machining.
- Experience with Defence / Marine / Oil & Gas / Nuclear or other high-risk industry regulations
- Desired understanding of electrical \ control system packaging
- Desired Engineering chartership (or working towards)
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: MS333_1699286099
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Negotiable Salary, Work Flexibility
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: