Senior Grid Connections Specialist
I am working with the number one Grid Connection Consultancy in the UK with a reputation that proceeds itself. Fully focussed on quality and customer relationships they work with all the major clients within the sector. Dedicated to the decarbonisation and growth of our economy by optimal grid connection at the least cost and risk. They are looking for a Senior Grid Connection Engineer/Consultant to join their close knit team. The role is remote.
Roles & Responsibilities
To support clients to find and acquire the right network solutions and projects, and to deliver value to all clients.
* Feasibility studies for clients
* Connection offer reviews
* Grid connection due diligence
* Grid connection optimisation
* Project progression risk reviews
* Grid Connections strategy development
* Working with the Connections Manager on grid strategy for both distribution and transmission generation demand clients, public sector client and the commercial/industrial sector
* Development of services to clients and identifying opportunities for new projects
* Supporting fee scoping work and proposals
* Influencing/lobbying BEIS, Ofgem and network operators (NOs)
* NO engagement and building effective relationships with network engineers and Connections teams.
* Effective horizon scanning and internal dissemination.
Experience & Skills:
* Master’s degree or higher in a relevant engineering subject
* Consultancy experience and background with good commercial skills
* Expert knowledge of GB Distribution and Transmission networks, and the challenges faced by Network Operators and their customers.
* Significant experience providing guidance on connection processes and regulations for both generation and demand.
* Experience of delivering technical due diligence on projects at acquisition stage
* Confidence steering projects through the connections process, as a technical advisor or owner’s engineer
* Experience in scoping consultancy services and preparing fee proposals.
* The motivation to help find brilliant engineering solutions for our clients.
* Industry experience in the energy sector
* Knowledge of design principles for renewable energy projects
* Interest in electricity regulation and charging principles.
* Knowledge of power system software packages such as PowerFactory, PSS/E or IPSA
£80,000 – £110,00
Private Health care
Cycle to work
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Managing Consultant Nick Stovold directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Job Reference: ST1011_1694184484
Salary: £80000 - £110000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: