This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative scientist to join an award-winning international business who make a genuine, positive impact on the environment through the research and development of environmentally sustainable hygiene solutions. The successful candidate will be joining an established team and will play a key role in day-to-day operations of the technical function, in particular supporting manufacturing, research and technical development.
- Participate in the research, development and implementation of new techniques.
- Design experiments to creatively solve problems.
- Generate and analyse data.
- Manage projects coming into the laboratory in agreement with the Project Evaluation Team.
- Working with and actively maintaining bioinformatics pipeline
- Research optimization of existing and novel bacterial strains
- Ensure SOPs and GLP are maintained at all times
- Microbiological analyses of competitor products.
- Carry out challenge testing of finished products.
- Prepare and circulate project/laboratory reports to appropriate parties
- Screening of Bacterial strains, culturing and media development
- Provide technical support and product recommendation to customers and the sales team
- Msc or PhD Qualified in a biological sciences discipline
- Commercial Microbiology, Biological Science background or Bioinformatics experience
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment operation and microbiological techniques.
- Ability to plan and execute scientific protocol / experimental plan.
- Provides Training and Mentorship to other laboratory staff when necessary.
- Equally represent and support the views of sales and R&D and behave as a liaison.
- 22 days holiday including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Training and progression available
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar please contact Jack Lavis directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02920 894900.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Job Reference: 20635/617_1656320005
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + + Pension
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: