Senior Site Chemist
Senior Site Chemist
£27,010 – £32,820 + Company Benefits
An industry leading recycling plant are looking to add a Senior Site Chemist to their lab team. Joining a two-shift pattern, you will be working alongside a successful team in an established business. This is an exciting opportunity for a chemist with good experience working in the waste water or chemical waste industries, who ideally has worked in some supervisory capacity. This is a role suited for a practical, hands on personality with work being split between the laboratory and outdoors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Process Manager
- Working in the hazardous waste treatment facility in Cardiff Docks.
- The facility operates a range of physico-chemical treatment processes, including acid/alkali neutralisation, oxidation, oil/water processing and chemical recycling and recovery.
- The position involves input control and process authorisation and requires a hands-on person capable of mostly outdoor work (in an industrial environment) with some laboratory work.
- Some aspects of supervisory work, with three junior chemists under this role
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- HNC Chemistry qualified as a minimum
- A minimum of three years’ experience working a chemical waste or waste water industry
- Good physical fitness
- Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity would be beneficial
- £27,010 – £31,820
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Training courses available.
- 4% Pension
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling Jack Lavis on 02920 894900 or by sending your CV directly to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the UK. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 02920 894900 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Job Reference: 20568/617_1658144035
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Cardiff