We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shift Manager to develop and manage for the UKs leading manufacturer of construction products. You will work with the management team to deliver and improve plant performance. You will be responsible for all Production activities on shift including safety, quality and output.
Working for this established and reputable company, the successful candidate will be operating in a word class environment where the Production function is of upmost importance.
- Sets and maintains high standards for Health and Safety, Quality, and output to plan
- Ensure work activities consistently meet quality, safety and delivery specification
- Consistently look for areas to improve performance
- Identify poor performance/unacceptable behaviour, ensuring that the correct procedure is followed
- Undertake the performance reviews and identify training needs and solutions
- Make recommendations for improvements involving people and processes
- Lead team meetings
- Organises and co-ordinates cover (Breaks, Absence, Holiday) within their shift to ensure production priorities are met
Skills and Qualifications
- Production experience within manufacturing
- Experience of leading a team within a Manufacturing/Production environment
- Strong supervisory/leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent MS office skills, particularly Excel
- Salary: £37,000
- Shifts: 3 Shift (6am-2pm/2pm-10pm/10pm-6am)
- Annual Bonus
- 24 days Annual Leave
- Enhanced Pension Scheme (8%)
- Overtime Paid at 1.5x rate
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers. If you feel this is of interest please send your CV to directly to Matthew Williams at Matthew@hunterselection.co.uk or call for a confidential discussion on 02476 214534.
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering.
To apply please email your CV / resume to Matthew@hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: Shift Manager_1653407413
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Wigan, Greater Manchester