£35,000 – £40,000
Looking for a Site Chemist to progress into a Quality Manager.
Genuine progression opportunities available
Extremely stable company
A world class chemical device supplier with a very lucrative product range are rapidly expanding the organisation and as a result of this they’re looking for a Site Chemist to join their team. The company’s product range is extremely established with plans to branch out further in 2024, this makes it a perfect time to join this lucrative organisation with a great chance to run the department and progress into a Quality Manager.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all QC, QA, ISO management systems and site product development
- Day-to-day and routine analysis completed in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure site compliance for effluent and other waste streams.
- Responsible for the site ISO management system comprising ISO 9001, 14001, 45001.
- Work with external consultant to effect internal audit programme.
- Ensure significant quality or compliance issues are escalated through the appropriate management lines and/or management processes.
- To be actively involved in activities that are required for the effective running of the Quality laboratory.
- To use the site ERP and other IT systems to manage and report data and item establishment.
- To play a leading role in the development of new products.
- To support interfaces with other departments to ensure that they are effective for all parties.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A graduate chemist with 5-7 years’ experience working in chemical industry (preferably organic) with some experience of ISO management systems.
- BSc in chemistry is a must.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques including FTIR, DSC, XRF etc. and interpretation of results.
- Internal auditing.
- ISO management systems.
- Laboratory safety techniques and COSHH systems.
- Experience In delivering training and presentations internally.
- Familiarity with environmental permit and trade effluent discharge consent.
- Some experience in product development.
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar please contact David Biggs at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02920894907
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 23514/617_1705943656
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + Plus excellent training and development
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: