The client is a large multi-national R&D consultancy and is currently looking to recruit multiple Software Engineers to support ongoing expansion for multiple clients in the Aerospace and Defence domains. The Software Engineer will support the development of new and existing capabilities on client software tools. The software tools are primarily written in C & C++, but also use other languages such as Python and Fortran. Experience of software development in C++ is essential for these roles and an understanding of physics/engineering principles would be beneficial for some roles (though not essential).
- Development of new features and update of existing code base as appropriate.
- Creation/running of validation test cases.
- Debugging of code to resolve issues.
- Communication of progress and escalation of issues as appropriate to the Technical Lead.
- Degree/Postgraduate experience in Software Engineering/Physics/Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent.
- Software Development in C or C++. Python experience desirable but not essential.
- Development on Linux based platforms.
- Knowledge of object-oriented principles.
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of CI/CD methodologies such as Github.
- Proven self-starter with enthusiasm about learning new technologies.
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Managing Consultant Nick Stovold directly at email@example.com or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: NWS909_1656945946
Salary: £30000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: