Software Engineer – Remote Working
Software Engineer – Remote working
South West Wales
£37,500 – £45,000 and further benefits
An award-winning electronics manufacturer in South Wales is currently looking to strengthen its research and development department with the key acquisition of a Software Engineer. With investment secured for the next 5 years, this company is in a leading position to capitalise on the market. They are targeting significant growth this year after releasing a new product into market
Role & Responsibilities:
To engage in the new product development process throughout all stages of product life cycle, including the design and development of software; the generation and review of technical documentation; the verification and testing of new designs; the transfer of designs to manufacturing and the provision of technical support once the products are on the market. The role shall also include the maintenance of existing software, including all documentation relating to the software being maintained
- Liaise with internal and/or external stake holders to define software development project requirements.
- Generation of software development plans as requested by project management team.
- Generation of new software/firmware using high level languages such as C, C++ and C#.
- Generation of new software/firmware using low level languages such as Assembler.
- Ensure that all software designs meet the requirements of the appropriate standards.
- Generation and maintenance of technical specification documentation using Microsoft Office tools.
- Perform verifications and testing using either standard, or bespoke testing equipment.
- Review of software documentation generated by the software development team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of degree level qualification, ideally in Software / Electronic Engineering (or similar).
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in a Software Developer/ Engineer role
- C, C# and C++ programming languages
- Software testing methodologies and issue tracking.
- Proven background supporting the introduction of new software products from design/concept phases through to release
- A starting salary of £37,500 – £45,000
- Remote working opportunities – will need to come to site once a fortnight
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Sick Pay
- Life Assurance
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 20210/580_1652812440
Job Start Date:
Job Location: Swansea