Supply Chain / Logistics Manager
Supply Chain Manager
£40,000 – £50,000 + private health cover, pension and many more
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a company that operate on a global scale and supply into a truly diverse range of industries and sectors. This company is a genuine powerhouse and renown for quality, excellence, and innovation. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career with a global phenomenon.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Team Lead is a site leadership position reporting to the Logistics Operation Manager EMEA. The post holder is responsible for managing all Supply Chain activities and third-party operations at site
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a team of workers to ensure that goods are moved, handled, and stored safely, correctly, and in accordance with established schedules and inventory lists.
- Interpret stock orders, requests, and shipping and receiving tickets, and schedule the movement of materials accordingly.
- Enter data into a database or other computerised system to maintain up-to-date stock records; retrieve stored information; or respond to enquiries (for example on inventory levels or delivery schedules).
- Monitor the effectiveness of handling procedures and space utilisation and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prioritise and assign tasks to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Supervise staff to ensure that all materials are handled correctly and that all machines and equipment (for example forklifts and conveyors) are operated safely and according to instructions.
- Train new workers in the organization’s operating procedures and standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a Supply Chain / Logistics Manager role
- Ideally have experience of shipping operations managed in integrated computer systems such as SAP
- Worked in manufacturing environment previously
- Finance, Science, Engineering graduate (or equivalent qualification)
- Knowledge of Quality, HSES & Business Processes
- £40,000 – £50,000
- Excellent contributory pension
- Private health cover
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance Scheme
- On-site gym
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
Job Reference: 20043/900_1652886129
Job Start Date:
Job Location: Newport