Supply chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a Chemical manufacturing business based in Deeside. The business has an expanding orderbook meaning job stability is a certainty with the company, employee welfare is at the forefront of everything they do.
This is a varied and great opportunity for a growing Supply Chain Manager to join and develop their skills and mature within a strong manufacturing company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inventory Management: Monitor and maintain optimal inventory levels to meet demand and reduce excess stock. Implement inventory control strategies to minimize carrying costs and eliminate stockouts.
- Logistics Coordination: Coordinate transportation and shipping activities to ensure on-time delivery of products to customers and distribution centers. Collaborate with logistics providers and carriers to improve transportation efficiency.
- Procurement Support: Assist in the procurement process by coordinating with suppliers and vendors, negotiating terms, and ensuring the timely delivery of raw materials and components.
- Demand Forecasting: Collaborate with sales and demand planning teams to analyse demand patterns, forecast future requirements, and align supply chain activities accordingly.
- Data Analysis: Utilize supply chain data and analytics to identify trends, inefficiencies, and opportunities for process improvements. Develop and maintain relevant performance metrics and reports.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers to ensure a steady supply of high-quality materials and goods.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure adherence to quality standards and perform regular audits to identify and address any quality-related issues in the supply chain.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify areas for process enhancement and cost reduction within the supply chain and lead improvement initiatives.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay updated on relevant supply chain regulations, trade laws, and industry standards to ensure full compliance and mitigate potential risks.
- Team Collaboration: Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including production, sales, finance, and customer service, to foster smooth information flow and resolve any supply chain-related issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Supply chain Management Experience
- Ideally will come from Food / Chemical / FMCG industries.
- Us of MRP systems – Sage200 preferred.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk.
Job Reference: 22707/900_1693581880
Salary: £34000 - £35000 per annum + Potential to go higher.
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: