A senior technical Systems Engineering role applying the principles of Systems Engineering to the entire engineering development lifecycle from requirement definition to system integration and customer acceptance into system customer support and disposal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience of Systems Engineering approaches, techniques and governance to design and develop solutions and resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations
- Applying the principles of Systems Engineering to the design and build of systems through the entire engineering lifecycle
- Discern and decompose requirements to system and sub-system level and manage these in an approved toolset such as IBM DOORS Next
- Undertaking system design decomposition and architectural modelling to subsystem level, including interface definition, and manage architectural models in a contemporary toolset such as Cameo Systems Modeller
- Define and articulate acceptance strategies in order to verify requirement compliance at each level of system design, supporting production of customer acceptance evidence
- Undertaking system integration, test planning and execution
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of contemporary engineering practices including Model Based Engineering (MBE/MBSE), digital threads, cyber security and safety procedures
Your skills and experiences:
You will have experience in some or all of the following topics:
- Understands engineering principles and approaches underpinning design and development activities and be capable of systems thinking, applying holistic approaches to complex problems
- Demonstrates understanding, knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering which could include knowledge of Systems Engineering standards (e.g. ISO 15288)
- Experience of using a high level design methodology (e.g. UAF, NAF, TOGAF, SysML, UML)
- Experience of requirements management (e.g. IBM DOORS Next) and configuration management
- Experience of some aspects of an engineering lifecycle and awareness of lifecycle models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile) and associated tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience of presenting both technical and non-technical information in a formal setting
- Further education (or equivalent experience) in a relevant STEM discipline
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
Systems Engineering in Product & Training Services:
You will be working as a Systems Engineer within a small product team of inter-disciplinary engineers from a bespoke portfolio of new and existing products within our prestigious Product & Training Services division. This position provides excellent opportunities to develop both your own skills and also further your career within Maritime Services and the wider company.
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy Nick Stovold on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at email@example.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Job Reference: ST1011_1700236907
Salary: £30000 - £60000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: