Systems Mathematical & Simulation Modeller
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Mathematical & Simulation Modeller to join a great defence company priding itself on quality.
With no day ever being the same the Systems Mathematical & Simulation Modeller role offers genuine long-term progression and career development within a first-class manufacturing environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct mathematical modelling and simulation development devising and evolving algorithmic and design solutions to meet system capability and performance requirements of complex underwater weapon or radar systems
- Develop, maintain and evolve high-fidelity, high-integrity, high-complexity mathematical models and performance simulations of technical solutions for such systems
- Utilise mathematical modelling and simulation to identify and develop performance enhancements and novel solutions to improve existing underwater weapon or radar product capability and evolve future associated technologies
- Undertake system performance analysis of integration and post trials data to inform underwater weapon or radar systems design solutions, and to generate customer acceptance evidence
- Apply a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience of Systems Engineering (e.g. ISO 15288) to design and develop solutions and resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations across our underwater or radar sectors
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A strong mathematical and engineering mind-set with an innovative approach to problem solving that can be applied to resolving complex technical and system level requirements
- Experience of mathematical simulation tools/languages (e.g. Mathworks MATLAB, Simulink, Pearl, Python, MathCAD)
- Experience of using a high level design methodology (e.g. SysML, UML) to define modelled solutions for subsequent implementation
- An understanding of factors that can affect the real world performance of underwater weapon or radar systems and how these can impact modelled or simulated performance prediction
- An understanding of signal processing and/or tracking algorithms and techniques employed on contemporary radio, satellite, radar or sonar real-world systems would be an advantage
Package and Benefits:
- Up to £57,000
- 27 days plus bank holidays, Group Income Protection Insurance Scheme and Death In Service Scheme
- Exceptional long term career progression opportunities
How to apply:
Suitable candidates for the Systems Mathematical & Simulation Modeller role should apply immediately using the ‘Apply Now’ button by calling Samia Niha on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to email@example.com .
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the UK. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Job Reference: ST22080_1699026028
Salary: £50000 - £57000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: