Systems Mathematical & Simulation Modeller
You will be responsible for undertaking mathematical analysis, modelling and simulation of complex systems from either our underwater weapon or radar portfolios, taking solutions through to design implementation.
Identify, develop and evolve system capability solutions and resolve engineering issues for a range of operational scenarios through algorithmic definition and system performance modelling and simulation. Utilise modelling and simulation to verify and validate these solutions for customer stakeholders.
You will be required to apply the principles of Systems Engineering to support various phases of the engineering development lifecycle and subsequently into system customer support which can encompass further system capability evolution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct mathematical modelling and simulation development devising and evolving algorithmic and design solutions to meet system capability and performance requirements of complex underwater weapon or radar systems
- Develop, maintain and evolve high-fidelity, high-integrity, high-complexity mathematical models and performance simulations of technical solutions for such systems
- Utilise mathematical modelling and simulation to identify and develop performance enhancements and novel solutions to improve existing underwater weapon or radar product capability and evolve future associated technologies
- Develop novel solutions to evolving technical challenges and emerging issues that our customer community are facing
- Support multi-disciplined engineering teams in the realisation, implementation, verification and validation of algorithmic and design solutions for deployable underwater weapon or radar systems
- Conduct system performance analysis and design trade-offs of principle system parameters in order to characterise and define system design constraints and limitations in various operational scenarios
- Undertake system performance analysis of integration and post trials data to inform underwater weapon or radar systems design solutions, and to generate customer acceptance evidence
- Be a technical focus point for development and analysis activities, preparing and presenting technical aspects to the required stakeholders
- Apply a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience of Systems Engineering (e.g. ISO 15288) to design and develop solutions and resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations across our underwater or radar sectors
Your skills and experiences will embody some or all of the following:
- A strong mathematical and engineering mind-set with an innovative approach to problem solving that can be applied to resolving complex technical and system level requirements
- Understands engineering principles and approaches and be capable of systems thinking, applying holistic approaches to complex problems
- Experience of mathematical simulation tools/languages (e.g. Mathworks MATLAB, Simulink, Pearl, Python, MathCAD)
- Experience of using a high level design methodology (e.g. SysML, UML) to define modelled solutions for subsequent implementation
- An understanding of factors that can affect the real world performance of underwater weapon or radar systems and how these can impact modelled or simulated performance prediction
- An understanding of signal processing and/or tracking algorithms and techniques employed on contemporary radio, satellite, radar or sonar real-world systems would be an advantage
- Confident presenting both technical and non-technical information in a formal setting
- Further education (or equivalent experience) in a relevant STEM discipline
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy Nick Stovold on 01275 371981 or by sending your CV directly to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on 01275 371981 and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Job Reference: ST1009_1703243067
Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: