Trainee Operations Manager
Trainee Operations Manager
Leading UK based Manufacturer of Packaging solutions
Days 40 hours per week (Mon-Thurs: 8am-5pm, Fridays: 8am-4.10pm)
Depending on experience ranging up to £28,000, pension, healthcare package, training
This is an opportunity to work for a world leading packaging solutions and an established global brand within a progressive business. This role involves working within the purchasing department and will appeal to a candidate looking for job security, training and progression opportunities and a company that gives back to their employees.
- To follow a hands-on training plan where you will work in each department to acquire a full understanding of each function of the business and build credibility by doing the job you will one day manage.
- Learn various line and staff functions, including operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices affecting each area of business.
- Meet performance goals and objectives set by upper management and determined upon acceptance of position.
- Shadow experienced employees to acquire their knowledge, methods, procedures, and standards required.
- Lead or assist in special projects as set by upper management.
- Report on a predetermined basis on progress of goals and objectives.
- Monitor performance progress with management and trainers.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Train in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Provide support as needed in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, customer service as needed.
- To ensure effective communication and cooperation between departments for optimum efficiency.
- To fulfill other duties as reasonably required by a manager to support the functioning and smooth running of a department and the business.
- Attend site visits to suppliers in the UK and Europe.
- Any other ad hoc duties commensurate with the role.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate – evidence of higher learning (ideally Degree) or equivalent through work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Operations
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- A quick learner, motivated towards career growth within our business
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and customers
- Hands on approach to all tasks
- Proactive problem solver with ability to overcome challenges and present solutions to quickly resolve issues
- A Strategic thinker, staying ahead of the game and delivering plans to promote and further the aims and ambitions of the business
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy with a strong sense of responsibility
- Able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities effectively in a fast paced environment
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong written, analytical and presentation skills
- Resourceful, well organised with demonstrable leadership potential
- Flexibility to travel to USA and Europe
As a business our client is a market leading manufacturing company with a strong presence on both a UK and global scale. With a growing portfolio of clients and plans to expand even further this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: TOM100_1696254360
Salary: £26000 - £28000 per annum + pension. healthcare, training
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: